We meet 7pm on the second Tuesday of every month at Iramoo, the Sustainable Living Centre on the St Albans Campus of Victoria University, to discuss local cycling issues. All are welcome to our meetings, and membership is free! Melways Map X884 1J or Melways Map 25 K3 near the campus tennis courts.
Map of Iramoo where we meet
Westvale Community Centre is hosting the Festival.
This is a no charge event, food and other items for sale on the day.
Arrive in a sustainable style, On Your Bike. All day activities and Presentations.
Date: Sat. 20th Feb 2016
Location: 45 Kings Road St Albans.
Time: 10am – 3pm
For more info, call 9249 4665
REPORT: Brimbug was well represented at this event. Feedback is that we should aim to be present at future Expos.
Brimbug Achievements 2014
2014 was a very good year for improvements to cycling infrastructure in Brimbank. Much of the work was built as part of the Regional Rail Link (RRL) and Brimbank council has continued to build both recreational trails and on-road cycling lanes.
Below are just some of the achievements that Brimbug was involved in – with the relevant stakeholders, RRL, Brimbank council.
1. St Albans On Road bike lanes – 1.5 klms between Furlong Rd and Gilmour Rd and 600 mts of concrete Shared User path along the rail line to WRR path.
2. Pedestrian bridge across rail line in Sunshine to H V McKay Gardens and Albion.
3. Anderson Road RRL rail bridge – path on both sides of the structure from Albion to Sunshine retail centre.
4. South Hampshire Rd – On Road bike lanes.
5. Opening of Station Rd, Deer Park Underpass on Kororoit Creek Trail.
6. Power line easement between Mulhall Dve and Stradbroke Dve – 6oo mts of path.
7. Re-construction of 400 mts of WRR path due to construction damage during M80 upgrade at Jones Creek, St Albans.
8. Under construction – Forrest St path to Fitzgerald Rd – 3klm long
Sunshine to Tottenham – 3.5 klm of path into Ashley St, West Footscray.
Further works are planned as part of St Albans and Ginifer rail crossing upgrades.
1. The Cairnlea Trail, Deer Park Link.
2. Sunshine Ave to WRR path section.
3. Adelaide Street, upgrade with on road bike Lanes.
4. Perth Ave to Derrimut Trail renewed Shared User Footpath.
5. Devonshire road on road bike Lanes.
6. WRR – Terror Street. Re-alignment / resurfacing improved safety in commercial area.