Westvale Community Centre is hosting the Festival.
This is a no charge event, food and other items for sale on the day.
Arrive in a sustainable style, On Your Bike. All day activities and Presentations.
Date: Sat. 20th Feb 2016
Location: 45 Kings Road St Albans.
Time: 10am – 3pm
For more info, call 9249 4665
REPORT: Brimbug was well represented at this event. Feedback is that we should aim to be present at future Expos.
Brimbug Achievements 2014
2014 was a very good year for improvements to cycling infrastructure in Brimbank. Much of the work was built as part of the Regional Rail Link (RRL) and Brimbank council has continued to build both recreational trails and on-road cycling lanes.
Below are just some of the achievements that Brimbug was involved in – with the relevant stakeholders, RRL, Brimbank council.
1. St Albans On Road bike lanes – 1.5 klms between Furlong Rd and Gilmour Rd and 600 mts of concrete Shared User path along the rail line to WRR path.
2. Pedestrian bridge across rail line in Sunshine to H V McKay Gardens and Albion.
3. Anderson Road RRL rail bridge – path on both sides of the structure from Albion to Sunshine retail centre.
4. South Hampshire Rd – On Road bike lanes.
5. Opening of Station Rd, Deer Park Underpass on Kororoit Creek Trail.
6. Power line easement between Mulhall Dve and Stradbroke Dve – 6oo mts of path.
7. Re-construction of 400 mts of WRR path due to construction damage during M80 upgrade at Jones Creek, St Albans.
8. Under construction – Forrest St path to Fitzgerald Rd – 3klm long
Sunshine to Tottenham – 3.5 klm of path into Ashley St, West Footscray.
Further works are planned as part of St Albans and Ginifer rail crossing upgrades.
1. The Cairnlea Trail, Deer Park Link.
2. Sunshine Ave to WRR path section.
3. Adelaide Street, upgrade with on road bike Lanes.
4. Perth Ave to Derrimut Trail renewed Shared User Footpath.
5. Devonshire road on road bike Lanes.
6. WRR – Terror Street. Re-alignment / resurfacing improved safety in commercial area.
Date: Saturday 24th September 2011
Time 1000 am
Start: Caltex Servo, cnr WRRoad & Sunshine Ave, Kealba Mel 26 H2
Distance: 25 klm to Docklands (then flexible)
Cost: Free, any maintained bike
Activities: Many & varied, be part of promoting cycling etc; and the environment.
Description: From the service station it is an easy 25 klm ride via Edgewater Estate in to the city – Docklands area for a lunch. Afternoon activities are to support the “Moving Melbourne mobilise 350” campaign which are planned for 2pm – 4pm at Waterfront city, Docklands. For all activities please check out the website below.
Contact: Ferdi 0409384977
Report: 5 riders form BrimBUG attended this important climate change day event at Docklands. A cool windy, day did not deter the activities and after a little choreography some fantastic photos were taken by helicopter. Check out the photos on our Flickr link.
Brimbug 5 Year Achievements
1. Assisted with Brimbank Council in Walking and Cycling Strategy.
2. Participated in Saddle Survey with Council and Consultants.
3. Lobbied and Assisted in development of Brimbank Travel Smart Map
4. Brimbug Representative on VicRoads, Deer Park Bypass C C C. Brimbug Community Representative on Orica site Re- development.
5. Lobbied for defined route signage in Brimbank municipality.
6. Millbank drive Shared User Path (SUP) Re-construction
7. Monash Street On Road Bike Lanes
Suffolk Road On Road Bike Lanes.
8. Asphalting of SUP from Harvester road to Anderson road
9. Advising Responsible Authorities of unsafe riding conditions that require repairing.
VicRoads, Ballarat road SUP at Jones creek Ardeer.
V/Line Rail crossing SUP
10. Ongoing discussions concerning the extension to SUP from Buckingham Reserve to Federation Trail.
Extension to Millbank drive trail to Neil road via Kororoit creek Orica Site, Kororoit creek access WRR SUP to Deer Park Hotel into Cairnlea.
Dear Brimbug members, the 12th of June Monthly meeting has been cancelled as several Committee members are not able to attend due to prior commitments.
Next meeting 10th July.
Contact Ferdi 0409 384 977
Highlights of these minutes:
- Ferdi and Ray Heinze met with Nick Mann, Open Space Manager of Brimbank Council. It was indicated to Nick that our organisation was looking for some action on the ground. Matters such as signage, road markings, links of existing paths and facilities for bikes were again stressed. Ferdi also requested that the exit from the Freeway Overpass which leads into Somerton Street, North Sunshine be resurfaced with a smooth entry to the street. At present the pathway is extremely rough. Ray said that Nick is hoping to bring the strategy plan to our June meeting.
- Graeme, Ferdi and Ray met Steve Rando and Andrew Johnson at Vic. University, Flinders St. City Office in regard to the logo design. The original quote of $1090 has been revised to around $590, and the restrictions on ownership lifted. The designs expected before the next meeting.
- John Shadbolt mentioned that he had met with Graeme and Ferdi and discussed the type of website required. He expected to have Website and Email matters available for next meeting.