BrimBUG is a Bicycle User Group based in the City of Brimbank. We are a non-profit organisation, dedicated to improving local conditions for cyclists. We conduct free rides of varying levels every two weeks.
BrimBUG members suggest that all riders become members of Bicycle Network Victoria (previously Bicycle Victoria) and receive the benefits of rider and accident insurance.
Brimbug Achievements 2014
2014 was a very good year for improvements to cycling infrastructure in Brimbank. Much of the work was built as part of the Regional Rail Link (RRL) and Brimbank council has continued to build both recreational trails and on-road cycling lanes.
Below are just some of the achievements that Brimbug was involved in – with the relevant stakeholders, RRL, Brimbank council.
1. St Albans On Road bike lanes – 1.5 klms between Furlong Rd and Gilmour Rd and 600 mts of concrete Shared User path along the rail line to WRR path.
2. Pedestrian bridge across rail line in Sunshine to H V McKay Gardens and Albion.
3. Anderson Road RRL rail bridge – path on both sides of the structure from Albion to Sunshine retail centre.
4. South Hampshire Rd – On Road bike lanes.
5. Opening of Station Rd, Deer Park Underpass on Kororoit Creek Trail.
6. Power line easement between Mulhall Dve and Stradbroke Dve – 6oo mts of path.
7. Re-construction of 400 mts of WRR path due to construction damage during M80 upgrade at Jones Creek, St Albans.
8. Under construction – Forrest St path to Fitzgerald Rd – 3klm long
Sunshine to Tottenham – 3.5 klm of path into Ashley St, West Footscray.
Further works are planned as part of St Albans and Ginifer rail crossing upgrades.