BrimBUG is a Bicycle User Group based in the City of Brimbank. We are a non-profit organisation, dedicated to improving local conditions for cyclists. We conduct free rides of varying levels every two weeks.
BrimBUG members suggest that all riders become members of Bicycle Network Victoria (previously Bicycle Victoria) and receive the benefits of rider and accident insurance.
Brimbug 5 Year Achievements
1. Assisted with Brimbank Council in Walking and Cycling Strategy.
2. Participated in Saddle Survey with Council and Consultants.
3. Lobbied and Assisted in development of Brimbank Travel Smart Map
4. Brimbug Representative on VicRoads, Deer Park Bypass C C C. Brimbug Community Representative on the Orica site Re- development.
5. Lobbied for defined route signage in Brimbank municipality.
6. Millbank drive Shared User Path Re-construction
7. Monash Street On Road Bike Lanes
Suffolk Road On Road Bike Lanes.
8. Asphalting of Shared User Path from Harvester road to Anderson road
9. Advising Responsible Authorities of unsafe riding conditions that require repairing.
- VicRoads, Ballarat road Shared User Path at Jones creek Ardeer.
- V/Line Rail crossing Shared User Path.
10. Ongoing discussions concerning the extension to Shared User Path from Buckingham Reserve to Federation Trail.
Extension to Millbank Drive trail to Neil Road via Kororoit Creek Orica Site, Kororoit Creek access
WRR Shared User Path to Deer Park Hotel into Cairnlea.