Westvale Community Centre is hosting the Festival.
This is a no charge event, food and other items for sale on the day.
Arrive in a sustainable style, On Your Bike. All day activities and Presentations.
Date: Sat. 20th Feb 2016
Location: 45 Kings Road St Albans.
Time: 10am – 3pm
For more info, call 9249 4665
REPORT: Brimbug was well represented at this event. Feedback is that we should aim to be present at future Expos.
Brimbug Achievements 2014
2014 was a very good year for improvements to cycling infrastructure in Brimbank. Much of the work was built as part of the Regional Rail Link (RRL) and Brimbank council has continued to build both recreational trails and on-road cycling lanes.
Below are just some of the achievements that Brimbug was involved in – with the relevant stakeholders, RRL, Brimbank council.
1. St Albans On Road bike lanes – 1.5 klms between Furlong Rd and Gilmour Rd and 600 mts of concrete Shared User path along the rail line to WRR path.
2. Pedestrian bridge across rail line in Sunshine to H V McKay Gardens and Albion.
3. Anderson Road RRL rail bridge – path on both sides of the structure from Albion to Sunshine retail centre.
4. South Hampshire Rd – On Road bike lanes.
5. Opening of Station Rd, Deer Park Underpass on Kororoit Creek Trail.
6. Power line easement between Mulhall Dve and Stradbroke Dve – 6oo mts of path.
7. Re-construction of 400 mts of WRR path due to construction damage during M80 upgrade at Jones Creek, St Albans.
8. Under construction – Forrest St path to Fitzgerald Rd – 3klm long
Sunshine to Tottenham – 3.5 klm of path into Ashley St, West Footscray.
Further works are planned as part of St Albans and Ginifer rail crossing upgrades.
1. The Cairnlea Trail, Deer Park Link.
2. Sunshine Ave to WRR path section.
3. Adelaide Street, upgrade with on road bike Lanes.
4. Perth Ave to Derrimut Trail renewed Shared User Footpath.
5. Devonshire road on road bike Lanes.
6. WRR – Terror Street. Re-alignment / resurfacing improved safety in commercial area.
Brimbug 5 Year Achievements
1. Assisted with Brimbank Council in Walking and Cycling Strategy.
2. Participated in Saddle Survey with Council and Consultants.
3. Lobbied and Assisted in development of Brimbank Travel Smart Map
4. Brimbug Representative on VicRoads, Deer Park Bypass C C C. Brimbug Community Representative on Orica site Re- development.
5. Lobbied for defined route signage in Brimbank municipality.
6. Millbank drive Shared User Path (SUP) Re-construction
7. Monash Street On Road Bike Lanes
Suffolk Road On Road Bike Lanes.
8. Asphalting of SUP from Harvester road to Anderson road
9. Advising Responsible Authorities of unsafe riding conditions that require repairing.
VicRoads, Ballarat road SUP at Jones creek Ardeer.
V/Line Rail crossing SUP
10. Ongoing discussions concerning the extension to SUP from Buckingham Reserve to Federation Trail.
Extension to Millbank drive trail to Neil road via Kororoit creek Orica Site, Kororoit creek access WRR SUP to Deer Park Hotel into Cairnlea.
Three more Tuesday rides till a winter break is taken – 17th, 24th, 31st May 2011
See ride calendar page.
Contact: Ferdi if attending
7 BrimBUG cyclists recently attended this 65 klm fundraising ride to assist the victims of the recent disasters in Japan. Over $5,000 was raised to assist victims on this rather short notice community ride.
WELL DONE There is a positive power in those pedals.
Dear Brimbug members, the 12th of June Monthly meeting has been cancelled as several Committee members are not able to attend due to prior commitments.
Next meeting 10th July.
Contact Ferdi 0409 384 977
Welcome to the new web site of BrimBUG. This web site has been created to provide an easy way for us to distribute information relating to the BUG, our rides, and our advocacy efforts.
Over the course of the next month, photo capability will be added to show we are an active group. Now is the time to send all of your best photos of BrimBUG to firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments and suggestions are welcome!