Brimbug Achievements 2014
2014 was a very good year for improvements to cycling infrastructure in Brimbank. Much of the work was built as part of the Regional Rail Link (RRL) and Brimbank council has continued to build both recreational trails and on-road cycling lanes.
Below are just some of the achievements that Brimbug was involved in – with the relevant stakeholders, RRL, Brimbank council.
1. St Albans On Road bike lanes – 1.5 klms between Furlong Rd and Gilmour Rd and 600 mts of concrete Shared User path along the rail line to WRR path.
2. Pedestrian bridge across rail line in Sunshine to H V McKay Gardens and Albion.
3. Anderson Road RRL rail bridge – path on both sides of the structure from Albion to Sunshine retail centre.
4. South Hampshire Rd – On Road bike lanes.
5. Opening of Station Rd, Deer Park Underpass on Kororoit Creek Trail.
6. Power line easement between Mulhall Dve and Stradbroke Dve – 6oo mts of path.
7. Re-construction of 400 mts of WRR path due to construction damage during M80 upgrade at Jones Creek, St Albans.
8. Under construction – Forrest St path to Fitzgerald Rd – 3klm long
Sunshine to Tottenham – 3.5 klm of path into Ashley St, West Footscray.
Further works are planned as part of St Albans and Ginifer rail crossing upgrades.
1. The Cairnlea Trail, Deer Park Link.
2. Sunshine Ave to WRR path section.
3. Adelaide Street, upgrade with on road bike Lanes.
4. Perth Ave to Derrimut Trail renewed Shared User Footpath.
5. Devonshire road on road bike Lanes.
6. WRR – Terror Street. Re-alignment / resurfacing improved safety in commercial area.
Brimbug 5 Year Achievements
1. Assisted with Brimbank Council in Walking and Cycling Strategy.
2. Participated in Saddle Survey with Council and Consultants.
3. Lobbied and Assisted in development of Brimbank Travel Smart Map
4. Brimbug Representative on VicRoads, Deer Park Bypass C C C. Brimbug Community Representative on Orica site Re- development.
5. Lobbied for defined route signage in Brimbank municipality.
6. Millbank drive Shared User Path (SUP) Re-construction
7. Monash Street On Road Bike Lanes
Suffolk Road On Road Bike Lanes.
8. Asphalting of SUP from Harvester road to Anderson road
9. Advising Responsible Authorities of unsafe riding conditions that require repairing.
VicRoads, Ballarat road SUP at Jones creek Ardeer.
V/Line Rail crossing SUP
10. Ongoing discussions concerning the extension to SUP from Buckingham Reserve to Federation Trail.
Extension to Millbank drive trail to Neil road via Kororoit creek Orica Site, Kororoit creek access WRR SUP to Deer Park Hotel into Cairnlea.